Monday, January 12, 2009

The journey so far

The photo below is my absolutely favourite photo that I've taken to date, and it is the one I've used to create the header for this blog. Unfortunately for me it was taken in full auto mode when I first received my camera. I am yet to be able to take a photo that captures the innocence of my daughter quite like this one. I feel it lets me look into her soul. It's exactly the type of image I want to be able to create in manual mode.


Below are a few photos that I took over Christmas of family and friends at various lunches. They were all shot in manual mode, and were the first photos I put up on an online forum for critique.

The most frequent critique made on these (namely the first four images) was in regards to the white balance (WB) within the shots. And to be honest, WB wasn't something I had even considered at that point, but those critiques have definitely given me something to think about since then. They have also shown me how much I need to work on my focus!







No comments: